Hi Guys, today’s post is slightly different than usual. Today I am going to share my lifestyle choices and reasons behind them. The inspiration for it is one of faq how do I take care of my body.
Most of the people I know think that to have a great body, one has to resign from everything he/she loves and start doing all the thing he/she hates. Whenever I hear it, I have to close my ears, cos my mind hurts from hearing such a bull sh*t. So it is indeed that as long as you won’t want to have a great body all the changes in your lifestyle will seem forced and unpleasant. But once you make a decision that you are ready for a change, it’s going to happen smoothly and trust me none of the habits newly introduced to your daily routines will seem troublesome.
I have to admit that in a regular week I exercise 3 or 4 times, but it happens I cannot do that. Last year, I had a surgery on my uterus and I was not allowed to do any workout for nearly two months! (It was a total disaster, especially that it was straight before the summer 🙁 ). I did not give up, though. Here are few practices that helped me to go through this time without gaining extra kgs. If you are not very into strict diets, but need some extra help to get ready for a bikini season, try these tricks cos they work as a charm.
1. SPEED WALKING. It is unbelievable how we lessen the power of this simple exercise, but it is the best (and free) cardio session ever. If I feel I neglect it, I delay the purchase of my monthly ticket. It forces me to walk more and I get some extra time to spend with my best friend- myself.
2. DRINK WATER. Often we confuse the feeling of thirst with hunger. Drink lots of water to avoid it.
3. AVOID SUGAR. Start with reducing sugar in your tea. Bi-monthly cut it by half of the spoon (or one-fourth, if half is too much) and you won’t notice much difference in taste.
4. EAT LETTUCE. Instead of going for an extra portion of potatoes or rice, choose lettuce. It tastes good, fills in the stomach, has no fats and no sugars.
5. DRINK MINT. Mint prompts digestion. Does it need more advertisement?
6. EAT SLOWLY. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize you are full. If you eat super fast, you eat way too much.
7. NO RESTRICTIONS. Have you heard about the lobster situation from How I Met Your Mother? Long story short, Robin learns, she is allergic to lobsters. This restriction creates an urge to eat lobsters all night long, and she ends up in the emergency. Do you know where I am going with it?
8. NO ALCOHOL. Okey, I know, I just said no restrictions. You don’t need to forbid yourself alcohol. But be aware that 100 g of beer or wine has more calories than 100 g of scrambled eggs or spaghetti… Just saying.
The only thing, remember that you have to set all these together with time to create a powerful combination. Be patient and only by following these rules on a day to day basis and you will make your body look and feel better.
Do you have any other tips? Let me know in comments below, I would love to try them!