The day these pictures were shot, I have learned that a girl should never swim in the Dead sea the same day she has shaved her legs. Yes, you guessed right, salty water pinches sensitive skin as hell. And yes, the girl was me.
When I got into the water, I wanted to scream. I didn’t do it, though. Firstly, cos I didn’t want others to think I am crazy. Secondly, cos floating on a water that pushes you up feels awesome. Thirdly, cos I overheard, that bathing in this water has magical results (read more HERE). To get all from the sea, you need to cover the whole body with its mud. And so I did. It was painful but (possibly) worth it. As they say, a girl survives a lot to be beautiful. Or she will survive a lot to have a lot of fun covering her whole body with mud.
Applying mud on your body is cool idea. In Palestine and Jerusalem a lot of cosmetics were made on its base. Seeing it all in shops made me think of my beauty routines and what do I do to keep my skin glow and look beautiful. After making a short list this is what I came up with:
1. TIME. Lets start with basic. To make your skin look nice you need to take care of it. It means y that beauty routines requires time, you have to spent on it. Once per week I dedicate a whole evening to do that. I take care of things like pedicure, manicure, peelings, face or hair masks, blah blah blah. No one will take care of you girl, if you don’t do it yourself 😉
RESULT: clean, fresh and glowing skin.
2. SKIN EDUCATION. Learn what skin type you have. Based on that your routines will vary. Learn more about skin types HERE. Once you know what you need, test different cosmetics. Don’t be shy to ask for samples in shops and experiment (It is a way to save yourself useless purchases and senselessly spent money). Choose products you love and stick with it.
RESULT: getting products you know how to use and what to expect from.
3. EAT WELL. Lately, I act as an advocate for healthy eating habits, haha. But let’s face it, what we put inside our body builds it. Let’s build it from what is the best. (read more HERE)
RESULT: a healthy skin.
4. READ THE LABELS. Choose cosmetics that does not contain toxic shit. Why would anybody voluntarily apply on their skin anything cancerogenic? Learn more HERE.
RESULT: skin safe from toxic shit.
5. AVOID SUN OR/AND USE UV PROTECTION. It is many years that this subject is repeated over and over again, so I will keep it short. Wanna be a MILF? Avoid the sun and when exposed use the cream with UV protection.
RESULT: skin with fewer wrinkles.
6. WEAR IT SMART. I noticed that natural fibers makes my skin smell better and feel smoother. Same with shoes. In canvas or leather ones my feet sweat less. Really, whenever I wear something artificial my feet stink and I am embarrassed to take shoes off in public. Ble…
RESULT: properly aired, stink free skin.
7. HYDRATE. Drink water, use moisturizer.
RESULT: hydrated and elastic skin.
8. SLEEP. It regenerates body and removes dark eye circles. (Plus 50 points on saving money you would spend on concealer). Need to advise how to remove dark eye circle, check my fav photo showing how to cover them HERE.
RESULT: no or little dark circles and rested body.
9. WHEN IN DOUBTS GO TO THE KIDS SECTION. If you feel that your sin is irritated cos of cosmetics you use try soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers for babies. It is very gentle and within few weeks will cure any damages done by other cosmetics. I always check for products without sodium laurel sulfate, cos I feel like this ingredient irritates my skin.
RESULT: cured skin.
What would you add to that list? Let me know, I would love to try it.
PS1. I wanted to include a point about coconut oil here. But the subject is so deep, I need to make a whole post about it.
PS2. Are interested in learning more about the subject of beauty? Check On Beauty by Umberto Eco. HERE
STARRING: bikini BURBERRY (similar HERE)